Premier Shutters of New England product lines have been featured in many of the country’s leading and most popular home magazines. We take great pride in the fact that Coastal Living magazine and the highly acclaimed This Old House television show have selected products from our manufacturers to feature their prestigious annual "Idea Homes." Additionally, Premier Shutters of New England and its shutter products have recently been featured in major articles in Vineyard Style magazine and The Boston Globe Sunday Magazine.
The old and new of historic Martha’s Vineyard. Above, a summer garden cottage of recent vintage.
Below, a whaling captain’s house circa 1800.
Both have benefited from being outfitted with shutters distributed by Premier Shutters of New England.
- Historically and architecturally
correct traditional designs
- Fully operable and functional.
- Detailed on the front
and back to make a design statement, opened or closed.
- Custom designed and hand
assembled to the customers exact specifications.
- Detailed by hand without
the use of stamping, molding, vacuum forming or other
cost-cutting production methods.
- Mounted with top-of-the-line stainless steel, matte black powder coated operable hardware (aluminum hardware on Bahama), or traditional wrought iron
- Impervious to the effects of moisture and the elements.
- Available in any color you wish.
- Manufactured from pultruded PVC and German engineered, high density PVC structural materials.
- Internally reinforced with extruded aluminum structural shapes or steel foundation frames to provide additional structural and dimensional integrity. (All styles).
- Factory painted with a maintenance free, automotive grade, two-part acrylic urethane finish from Sherwin-Williams, or water-borne alkyd finishes from Rust-Oleum®. Ten year warranty on all finishes against flaking, peeling, or lifting.
- Absolutely no inferior wood-epoxy or fiberboard materials are used in the manufacture of any shutters distributed by Premier Shutters of New England. Such materials are subject to swelling and cracking as a result of moisture, particularly in northern climates such as New England. (Before you buy, ask, and make sure of what you’re getting, particularly with raised panel shutters.)
- Backed by Ten
Year Warranty on the finish.
Lifetime Warranty on all structural components.
Shutters distributed by Premier Shutters of New England are backed by a limited lifetime warranty on all structural components and a ten-year warranty on the finish. Our thousands of customers across the country enjoy peace of mind knowing that the shutters they have chosen for their homes will not warp, crack, peel or flake. (Make sure you know what you’re getting before you buy!)
- Approved by architectural review boards and historical preservation committees across the country. Meets the Heritage Preservation Guidelines for Historic Landmark Buildings as published by the National Park Service.
- Optional storm rated shutters are approved and certified by the Florida 2000 Storm Code (the IBC National Hurricane Code).
Your architect or designer may have specific design requirements not shown in these pages, or what you see within our basic design range may suggest other design possibilities to you. Because we are not limited to working with only one manufacturer, as Premier Shutters of New England most likely we can build it ... and we welcome custom work.
For example, Dartmouth College over time is undertaking a refurbishment of many of their fraternity and sorority houses. We have already completed the redo of four of these houses … including the house best know for being the “Animal House” of motion picture fame. After four years of abusive wear and tear these shutters have yet to fail. Most recently, we have supplied new shutters for the two original windows from the first Dartmouth Hall which was built in 1784, and were salvaged from the original building after a tragic fire in 1904.
Let us know what we can do for you!
- Optional storm rated shutters are
approved and certified by the Florida 2000 Storm Code (the IBC
National Hurricane Code).
Distributed by People Who Care!